Cycling in Nelson


Well, riding my new bike has been a bit of an adventure! Whether walking or riding,  I seriously can't figure out which way to look first when crossing the street here..it shouldn't be so challenging, but having to look right, then left really freaks me out! I end up looking both ways 12 times, and still feeling like someone will suddenly come out of nowhere and hit me! Making a right hand turn accross a lane of traffic coming the other way is also a strange thing. Luckily, the times I have ventured out, there haven't been any road rage incidents.

On Saturday, David and I rode out to Nelson, and he gave me some insider tips, and helped me conquor my fear of roundabouts (they are everywhere here!) Nelson is 12km from Richmond, and there is a bike trail that goes through neighbourhoods and farm country, which is very scenic. We stopped for lunch, and did some shopping, and discovered that Nelson will soon have a yogurt bar! Hell yes!! We will definitely be going back for that! On the way home, to mix it up, (and to avoid the hills on the way back), we took the oceanside route.











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pupu Springs & Wharariki Beach

Queenstown

Bay of Islands!