Foster Kitty





So, as I feared (and hoped, I will admit) our little kitty friend seems to like it better here than she does at home. Since I have mixed feelings about stealing someone's cat, (I would be pretty ticked if someone did that to me) we have implemented some rules for her visits. They are as follows:

1. We don't feed her.
2. We send her home when it gets dark.
3. We don't let her jump up on the kitchen counter because the kitchen window at her house looks into our kitchen.

That's pretty much it.


These rules don't seem to deter her. I do feel bad when she comes running whenever I open a can, or any sort of package that resembles the kind that 'temptations' come in. When we are cooking meat, she gets very excited and eventually leaves (to go home and eat, I presume). I also feel bad when I pick her up from her warm, cozy chair and put her outside and tell her it's time to go home.
In the mornings, she comes over early and waits by the back door, and presses her face against the marbled glass. Whoever is up first opens the door, and she happily saunters in, climbs into bed and gets comfy.


When we leave, we have to coax or carry her out, and she is back again when we get home to greet us. Sometimes she meows at the window until you open it, and will jump up and come in.



I wonder if the neighbours have noticed that their cat doesn't spend as much time at home, or come in when it's raining. I have a feeling it won't be long before they spot their cat sitting in one of our windows, looking out at them!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pupu Springs & Wharariki Beach

Queenstown

Bay of Islands!