Op Shop


Well, as I work on this whole job thing, (which is much harder than I thought it would be!) I've secured a gig as a volunteer at one of the Op Shops (Opportunity Shops, ie: Thrift shops) in town, the Hospice Shop. Now, as many of you who know me well will know, I am a big fan of thrift shops, and this could, quite frankly, mean trouble! (in the form of me buying everything I could ever need..or think I needed!) The good news is, over here there are lots of things I do need! So, this time around, instead of buying things that will collect dust on the shelf (and cause my friends and family to think I'm a hoarder), I'm buying items for the kitchen, and pictures and things to put on the walls. Aside from beautifying our house, I am also really enjoying my Wednesday mornings at the shop. I spend my time putting out all the things people donate, from clothes, to books, to kitchen stuff, and I've met some really nice people. I have morning tea at 10:30am, which usually involves some kind of baked goods, and chat to all the ladies. I'm told that they all get together for a quiz night every so often, so I'm looking forward to finding out what thats about too...

House beautifying project #1: Success! Thank you, Pinterest!


My first cricket experience..I'm a natural!


Comments

  1. I love the mason jar and I'm very jealous of this morning tea you speak of :) Can't wait to hear more about the quiz nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, morning tea is definitely something I am enjoying! There's a quiz night scheduled for Nov 1st, so I will be able to report on that shortly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pupu Springs & Wharariki Beach

Queenstown

Bay of Islands!